Australia / Tasmania / Launceston-Hobart
This is a trip for adventure seekers that will create fond memories which will last forever.
Duration: 7 days; 6 nights
Theme: Gravel cycling adventure
Total Distance: 405km
Total Elevation: 7360m
REASONS TO JOIN US
- Discover why Tasmania is an incredible and rewarding experience both on and off the bike.
- Immerse yourself in the glorious scenery of the Central Highlands as tour guide and professional cycling photographer, Beardy McBeard leads you across the high Alpine Landscapes from Launceston through to Hobart.
- Seriously good gravel riding, award winning wine & produce, stunning scenery and varied terrain.
- Climb the Iconic Jacobs Ladders with its spectacular series of gravel switchbacks.
- Fully supported rides with guides, mechanic, tools and support vehicle.
- Amazing and unique accommodation throughout the trip.
- Eating and drinking will be amongst the many sensory highlights we will experience as we cycle through Tasmania.
- Receive a gallery of lifelong memories from images taken on tour by Beardy McBeard.
- Come with your mates or meet some new riders.
THE APRÈS VÉLO CROSS TASSIE GRAVEL ADVENTURE IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE BIKE. IT'S ABOUT THE APRÈS VÉLO LIFESTYLE AND CREATING FOND MEMORIES THAT WILL LAST FOREVER.
You will experience why Tasmania is amongst the greatest cycling destinations in Australia.
Eating and drinking will be amongst the many sensory highlights we will experience, including wine tasting and lunch at a renowned vineyard.
We understand the importance of down time, comfort and peace. It is for this reason that we have selected appropriate and unique accommodation throughout the trip.
Our daily rides will ensure you get to experience all of the beautiful landscapes this Australian cycling mecca has to offer.
JOIN US FOR THE CROSS TASSIE GRAVEL ADVENTURE
A warm up cruisy ride to get the legs moving and ensure your bike set up is good to go.
We explore the Cataract Gorge and South Esk River via a network of fire trails.
Accommodation: Launceston Grand Chancellor.
Welcome dinner: provided by Après Vélo.
The spectacular gravel switchbacks with the backdrop of sheer dolerite cliffs and panoramic views of the valley below, are a bucket list ride for any cycling enthusiast.
We will ride through the historic Georgian village of Evandale home to the Penny Farthing National Championships.
Embrace the rolling countryside with the Highland Plateau awaiting in the distance.
Accommodation: The luxurious Quamby Estate on 150 acres situated in the stunning Meander Valley
Dinner: Provided by Après Vélo at Quamby Estate.
Also known as The Land of Three Thousand Lakes, the region is home to Lake St Clair and The Great Lake, Australia’s largest freshwater lakes.
We make our way towards the incredible Thousand Lakes Lodge, which was once used for training Antarctic expeditions, so remote and wild is the surrounding ‘moonscape’.
Accommodation: Thousand Lakes Wilderness Lodge – a place like no other.
Dinner: Provided by Après Vélo Thousands Lakes Wilderness Lodge.
We traverse Tasmania’s hydro electric past whilst enjoying spectacular scenery along the way.
We ride towards Tarraleah, a beautiful historic village built for the Hydro in the 1930’s and is like a time-capsule in the heart of Tasmania’s Central Highlands.
Accommodation: Tarraleah Lodge, an exclusive luxury lodge nestled in Tasmania’s Central Highlands.
Dinner: Provided by Après Vélo at Tarraleah Lodge.
The last 8km of this ride pays homage to Strada Bianchi with sweeping gravel roads through Tuscan like meadows and wine farms which hug the Derwent River. Truly memorable!
Our ride will finish at one of Hobarts finest vineyards for wine tasting, hosted by the owner, who will chat to us about viticulture and the wine business. Thereafter, a long lunch at the vineyard, shouted by Après Vélo.
Body & Bike transfer to Hobart thereafter.
Vineyard Wine Tasting & Lunch: Shouted by Après Vélo.
Accommodation: Macquarie Manor Hotel - Hobart.
Dinner: Free to do as you please.
Explore single tracks weaving through the lush cold climate rainforest.
Waterfalls, Convict sandstone waterways and ferns make this ride truly unforgettable.
Accommodation: Macquarie Manor Hotel - Hobart.
Farewell Dinner: shouted by Après Vélo.
Unfortunately your riding adventure through Tasmania's finest has come to an end. What a great opportunity to spend the weekend in Hobart.
The Après Vélo itinerary may be subject to slight route changes, and other modifications subject to circumstances.
PRICES & DATES
Please note that we have limited accommodation space at each hotel. BOOK NOW whilst you can to reserve your spot.
- Daily breakfasts x 6
- Top level Dinners x 5
Wine tasting followed by a long lunch at one of Hobarts finest vineyards.
- Ride support with safety focus paramount. Our resident ride guides will ensure that your rides are truly local and take in many of the roads less traveled. We recognise that no rider is the same and we ensure that no-one is left behind whilst Living the Ride with us in Tassie.
- Support van providing mechanical assistance if required.
- On road nutrition & hydration support.
Daily en route transfers of all bike bags and luggage.
- Receive a gallery of lifelong memories with incredible images taken by Beardy McBeard on tour.
- Complimentary Après Vélo souvenir t-shirt.
- Airport transfers. This can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Travel insurance.
- Alcohol with dinner.
- 1 x dinner (Thursday 20th April)
- Bike hire (if required). We can arrange for you at an additional cost.
- Refreshments at Café stops.
- In-room hotel charges.
PRE/POST TOUR ACTIVITIES
Launceston and Hobart offer a contrasting blend of heritage, scenery and culture, with world class activities and attractions nearby. We highly recommend a few extra days on either side of the Tour to discover these charming cities. We can arrange additional accommodation and activities for you if required.
Launceston mixes city and country charms, with heritage streetscapes, a slice of urban wilderness and all the ingredients for a gourmet experience.
Tasmania's second city is one of only two in Australia to be named as a UNESCO City of Gastronomy, and its Saturday farmers' market is among the best in the nation.
One of the country’s oldest settlements, Launceston is dotted with beautiful city parks along the banks of the North Esk River and River Tamar.
The city’s cultural offerings are wide and diverse including Australia’s largest regional gallery, The Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery (QVMAG)
Nestled amongst the foothills of Kunanyi / Mt Wellington, Hobart combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty.
It's no wonder Lonely Planet has called Hobart one of the top ten spots to visit in the world right now.
With its captivating history, picturesque waterways, rugged mountains and gourmet experiences, the city has something for everyone. Things to see and do are plentiful. Here are but a few recommendations once the wheels stop spinning.
- Salamanca Place & Salamanca Market
- Port Arthur Day Trip
- MONA: Museum of Old and New Art
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Bruny Island Day Trip
- Stroll along the Battery Point Sculpture Trail
- Cascade Brewery Tour
- Whisky Distillery Tour
- Wine Tasting
TASSIE GUEST REVIEWS
Click here to see what our previous guests had to say about our Tour de Tassie.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions or contact us via email.
NEED MORE INFO?
See our links below for more information about this tour.